Welcome to The Murphy Show!

Share the life, love and craziness of the Murphy's!

About Me

My photo
Dallas, TX
I'm a wife, a mom, a dog owner, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a spaz, a dreamer, an optimist, a procrastinator, a nerd lover, a food nazi, a fixer, a hippie reincarnate and a human.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crazy Days are almost here...as if they weren't crazy enough already....

I must be insane....no certifiable.....for I have decided to take 6 hours of nutrition classes at TWU, starting August 31st. What am I thinking?? I'm struggling enough to work 40 hours a week, being a full-time mom, wife-extraordinaire, doer of all laundry, bill payer, budget planner, all while trying to maintain my girlish figure and squeeze in a few yoga workouts each week. So now I'm adding even more pressure on my life by taking a few classes?? In Denton??? Well, the way I see it, if I don't do this now, it's never going to get done and I know that I cannot, must not, will not continue down my current career path forever. I will literally shrivel up and die....someone will find me on the floor in a desicatted mass of what once resembled a human being. My job will suck the life out of me....so I have to do this! I have to go to school and I have to get on path to doing something I love, so I can quit doing credentialing for now and forever. So I've been running through in my head of how to maintain some type of schedule and salvaging what little sanity I have left. So far, the best thing I've come up will go something like this:

1. Wake up at 6:30 am - shower, dress, get kid dressed, feed kid breakfast, grab breakfast/lunch for the day, throw load of clothes in washer.
2. 7: 45 am- Drive to work - work. Eat/Study at lunch.
3. 5:30 pm - Come home - eat. feed kid, play with kid, bathe kid, get him down for bed (hopefully by 9:00 pm). Dry/Fold clothes. Study. Sleep.
4. If Tuesday or Thursday, yoga class at night will take place and daddy will feed/bathe kid those evenings. End day with studying and hopefully sleeping.
5. Weekends - Squeeze in a yoga class or 2, if possible in the early morning (8:15ish). Finish up whatever laundry is left. Play, feed, bathe kid. Study whenever available. Sleep.

Obviously, this schedule needs some tweaking, but I think if I can stick to this basic outline, I should be able to stay on top of things. Of course, in between all of that, I'm going to have to squeeze in my brother's wedding, moving into our new house and all of the holiday madness that will ensue. I really need to find a way to clone myself...seriously! But for now, I'll just settle for not going crazy....we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment